12 progressive sessions, 12 distinct exploratory themes
Sessions 1-4: creating your line
1. Address the front of your body, open your breath.
2. Address the back of your body, explore up/down.
3. Address the sides of your body, explore lateral stability.
4. Address your spine, explore whole-body rotational patterns.
Sessions 5-8: Lengthening your line
5. Find support from the medial arch of your foot through your pelvis.
6. Relate your legs to your spine, lengthen the front of your spine.
7. Relate your pelvis to your torso, lengthen the back of your spine.
8. Balance your head on top of your body.
Sessions 9-12: Moving from your line
9. Initiate leg movement from your spine.
10. Initiate arm movement from your spine.
11. Explore ease in your shoulders, arms, and hands.
12. Stabilize your body at its current level of order.
What comes after the 12-series?
It usually takes clients 12 sessions to complete the thematic explorations of the series. For some it may take more, others fewer than 12 sessions to reach closure.
Either way, it's usually best to take a break to further integrate your experience. Closure is part of the work. Some people go through the series, we thank each other, and I never hear from them again. Others continue to work with me to revisit parts of the series, deepen understandings, and explore new themes on an occasional or ongoing basis.
If you'd like to discuss the possibility of us working together on an ongoing basis, or continuing our therapeutic work together though either a single or multiple-session "tune up," please reach out.